NDD Common Greens Farmers Market
Cancelled for 2020!
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NDD will not be hosting the Common Greens Farmers Market this year.
Visit us next year in 2021 for more fresh food, fun, and live music.
As Spring turns into Summer, it’s time to find delicious, local foods and unique vendors at the NDD Common Greens Farmers Market. In 2021, the NDD will be celebrating 21 years of bringing fellow Newarkers together with fresh food and live music. The NDD is committed to offering an array of high-quality, tasty food, crafts, and accessories in a relaxing atmosphere. Whether it’s freshly-harvested produce, an Argentinian style-burger, African-inspired accessories, or all-natural skin and healthcare products, shoppers are in for a varied and flavorful ride!
To continue bringing only the best to those who live, labor, and leisure in Downtown Newark, the NDD incorporates vendors, farmers, educational farming programs, and experts on urban farming at the market. Visit the NDD kiosk for free giveaways and helpful information about Downtown Newark! Don’t forget to mark your calendars for every Thursday from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm at the former PSE&G Plaza, 80 Park Place, Newark, NJ. We’ll see you there!
- Norz Hill Farm
- Free Haven Farms
- Greater Newark Conservancy
- Newark Agricultural Cooperative/Newark Science and Sustainability
- America’s Kettle Corn
- BelleJohns’ Soul Food
- Chef Puff’s Palate House (deep fried potatoes)
- Empanadas by Lady G
- Gaucho Burger (Argentinian-style hamburgers)
- Good Morning Newark (homemade favorites)
- Gourmet Nuts & Dried Fruits
- Nourish (vegan soul food)
- O’LaLa Empanadas
- Sweeta Boo’s Cakery & Catering (baked goods)
- Sweetwaters Coffee
Jewelry and Accessories
- Fast Track Fashions (fashions and handbags)
- JLS Enterprises (skin care)
- Love Your Self All Natural by Dominican Formula (hair and skin care products)
- Nitjuan Designs (jewelry)
- Royal International Market (African accessories)
Services & Misc.
- I’m So Yoga
- The Plant House
- Queer Kitchen
- Edison Park Fast – 1160 Raymond Blvd. ($9.00) (map)
- Icon Parking – 111 Mulberry St. ($17.00) (map)
- LAZ Parking – 42 Mulberry St. ($8.00) (map)
- Military Park Garage – 42-50 Park Pl. ($7/first hour) (map)
- On-street parking is also available; visit parking machine for payment info
Become a Vendor
Every year, the NDD welcomes new vendors to the NDD Common Greens Farmers Market. If you have a home-based business, are looking to open a brick-and-mortar, or already have an established business in Newark or elsewhere, we welcome your application. If you are interested in applying, you can find an online form here. Please also reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for information about obtaining a permit from the City of Newark.