Welcoming April as the first full month of Spring, we’d like to shine the sun’s light on the recent buzz about life in downtown Newark. Trendsetter pieces on Vouge.com and CBS News have the people all over the tri-state area hashtagging #MeetMeInNewark. Even national celebs like Mindy Kaling and Cory Booker are planning not-so-secret rendezvous in the Brick City.
So what is all the fuss about? A thriving work economy with several Fortune 500 companies, a 20 minute commute to NYC, real luxury apartment buildings that fit in your budget, nationally renowned museums, the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, tons of galleries and live music, cuisine from around the world, and even the Prudential Center arena – Go Devils!
Tempted to find out what it’s really like to live in downtown Newark? Come out and attend the Downtown Newark Living Tour on Saturday, May 20, 2017, from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm. This self-guided event is your opportunity to see first hand the most exciting and affordable luxury apartments, galleries, and cultural institutions, and more. The tour offers something for everyone, from local professionals and empty nesters to ambitious students and those interested in historic preservation, interior design, and urban living.
The Downtown Newark Living Tour promises:
- Tours of the hottest luxury apartments with amazing amenities – such as bowling alleys and basketball courts.
- Entrance into the best cultural institutions and entertainment venues, such as the Newark Museum, Gallery Aferro, Express Newark and the new Jazz Museum.
- Discounts to the best restaurants and bars in downtown Newark.
- Free shuttle to travel the tour. – If walking is not for you, don’t be turned away! Hop on and hop off the free shuttle for your convenience.
- Self-Guided Tour! Just check in, get your wristband, and have access to a day of free exploration!
Just steps from Newark Penn Station and minutes from Manhattan, the self-guided tour begins at the Newark Visitors Center at 60 Park Place and takes you to over a dozen flats, apartments, and lofts throughout the downtown district, along with entrance into Newark’s popular cultural institutions, and discounts at some of our best eateries and bars.
Teachers Village – 35 Maiden Lane Apartments
The Downtown Newark Living Tour is the perfect way to check out what life might look like for you in downtown Newark, without any commitment.
Registration is required for complimentary tickets. Get your tickets HERE before they run out!